Data Privacy Notice for Employees and Applicants
General De Jesus College is committed to the protection of the privacy of its data subjects from whom it
collects personal data in the pursuit of its legitimate interests and responsibilities as an educational
institution, in a manner consistent with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and
Regulations. GJC recognizes the confidentiality of personal data under its custody and adheres to the
general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality in its data processing.
This notice provides information on what personal data is gathered by GJC about its employees and job
applicants; how it will use and process this; how it will keep this secure; and how it will dispose of it
when it is no longer needed.
In this Notice, we use the terms “personal data” and “data subject.” Personal data includes personal
information, sensitive personal information, and privileged information. Data subject refers to an
individual whose personal, sensitive personal, or privileged information is processed.
Collection of Personal Data
GJC collects personal data from its employees and job applicants. Such personal data which may consist
of records (written or digital), photographic or video images, include the following, but is not limited to:
1. Information you provide us during your application for a certain job or position with us. Upon
application, we collect your personal data through a Personal Data Sheet (PDS) and resume. During
the preliminary screening, we may collect additional information, including those generated from
your interview and/or those obtained from your indicated character references.
2. Information we collect when you are hired. When you are hired, we require additional personal
data such as, but not limited to:
b. Official Transcript of Records;
c. school diploma;
d. Professional Identification Card (if any);
e. birth certificate;
f. marriage contract (if married);
g. Tax Identification Number;
h. Pag-IBIG Fund number;
i. PhilHealth number;
j. SSS personal record;
k. police clearance;
l. barangay clearance; and
m. medical records.
3. Information we collect during your employment with us. When you are hired, we require
additional personal data such as, but not limited to:
a. contact details of the person to notify in case of emergency;
b. annual physical examination results;
c. attendance records;
d. affiliation and membership in professional and community organizations;
e. details of professional trainings attended;
f. photographs and videos of school activities you participate in; and
g. recordings from CCTV cameras installed within the school premises.
Use of Personal Data
GJC uses the personal data of its employees and job applicants as permitted or required by law for the
purposes necessary in the performance of our contractual obligations to you, for our compliance with
our legal obligation, to protect your vitally important interests, including your life and health, for the
performance of tasks we carry out in the public interest (e.g., public order, public safety, etc.), as an
employer including a variety of administrative, research, historical, and statistical purposes, such as but
not limited to:
1. determining your fitness to a particular job position when you are applying with us;
2. conducting background information check about you in relation with your employment with us;
3. administration of your payroll and other payroll-related employment benefits;
4. conduct of human resource functions including performance evaluation, job promotions and
even in disciplinary actions as the case may be;
5. submission of information for reportorial requirements to government agencies such as the
Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, Department of Labor and
Employment, Department of Health, Social Security System, Philippine Health Insurance
Corporation, Pag-IBIG, and Bureau of Internal Revenue, and other similar regulatory bodies;
6. accreditation purposes;
7. compliance with corporate legal requirements such as external audits, BIR examinations and
other similar regulatory activities;
8. providing facilities, services, security, and staff benefits to employees, as deemed necessary or
in case of emergency;
9. effective dissemination of information to all personnel; and
10. statistical research and survey.
Sharing of Personal Data
To the extent permitted or required by law, GJC may also share, disclose, or transfer your personal data
to other persons or organizations in order to uphold your interests and/or pursue the school’s legitimate
interests. GJC may share, disclose, or transfer your personal data for purposes such as, but not limited
1. sharing for accreditation purposes;
2. providing students and parents your contact details, only when deemed necessary;
3. reporting and/or disclosing information to the government bodies or agencies (e.g., Department
of Education, Commission on Higher Education, Department of Labor and Employment,
Department of Health, Social Security System, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, Pag-
IBIG, and Bureau of Internal Revenue), when required or allowed by law;
4. conducting internal research or surveys for purposes of institutional development;
5. sharing list of employees to insurance companies for insurance purposes;
6. sharing information to external learning management system provider (e.g. Google Classroom);
7. promoting the school, including its activities and events, through photos, videos, brochures,
website posting, newspaper advertisements, physical and electronic bulletin boards, and other
8. live-streaming of GJC events;
9. publishing communications with journalistic content, such as news information in publications,
social media sites and news and media organizations; and
10. publishing the school’s yearbook (i.e., The Silver Star).
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats,
including databases that are shared between the school’s different offices. Access to your personal data
is strictly limited to authorized GJC personnel for the purpose of carrying out their contractual duties.
GJC will only retain these personal data as long as necessary to implement, administer, and manage your
employment and to protect your rights or to support any subsequent claims that you may have from us.
As for job applicants’ personal data, these are retained for a period of one (1) year for pooling purposes,
after which they are disposed of in a secure and safe manner, if not used within said period.
Rights of the Data Subject
GJC recognizes your rights with respect to your personal data, as provided by the Data Protection Act of
notice of any such modification on our website. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting.
If you have any Data Privacy queries or concerns as it relates to your employment records with us, you
may contact our Data Protection Officer thru email at firstname.lastname@example.org.