The plight of San Isidro’s youth, who had nowhere to go for secondary education after World War II, was the prime factor that led to the founding of General de Jesus Academy. The founders were prominent citizens of the town, namely: Paz Policarpio-Mendez, Soledad Medina, Francisco Narciso, Teofilo P. Abello, and Ricardo Odulio.
The school was named in honor of General Simeon de Jesus, San Isidro’s hero. General de Jesus, who was executed by the Japanese in Fort Santiago, was one of the most distinguished graduates of the Philippine Constabulary Academy, now Philippine Military Academy.
General de Jesus Academy opened in June 1946 in a rented building which was the former residence of the Moreno family. It started with seven teachers, including the principal, and 255 students from first to fourth year.
From 1946 to 1977, the school operated only the academic secondary course. In 1978, the school board, heeding the appeal of parents who could not send their children to Manila or Cabanatuan City for college education, opened a collegiate department. The first course offered during the school year 1978 – 1979 was Liberal Arts.
At present , courses being offered are Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSE), Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd), Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA), formerly Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC), Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM), Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT), Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA), Bachelor of Science in Accounting Technology (BSAcT), and Associate in Computer Technology (ACT).
In 1992, the Pre-school and the Elementary departments started serving the community.
After 50 years of service to the youth of San Isidro and nearby towns, General de Jesus Academy was converted into a college when the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved the change in status on August 28, 1997 and the school from then has been known as General de Jesus College.
Envisioned by the founders in the beginning as an institution that would provide the educational needs of the town?s youth, it has grown from its modest beginnings into a progressive institution that is one of the best in the province.
In the DECS List of 300 Top Performing Colleges and Universities in 1992 PBET (Professional Board Examination for Teachers) General de Jesus College obtained a national rank of 144 and a Regional rank of 24. It ranked No. 2 in Nueva Ecija, second only to the Central Luzon State University. Its high school department was chosen in 1996 as the Most Effective Private High School in the Division of Nueva Ecija. It has been recently granted a five year reaccreditation status from April 2007 to April 2012, after its three years initial accreditation last April 2007. It was given by the ACSCUA Accrediting Agency Incorporated.
General De Jesus College is a stock, non sectarian school under a board composed of nine (9) members. At present, the Chairman of the Board is Mr. Carlo P. Mendez, while the President/School Head is Jeffrey P. Franco, CPA, MBA